Sunday, September 14, 2008

David Foster Wallace, please. Please don't hang yourself. If it isn't proof enough that, um, things are happening, that life is going along and the thoughts and words that I love are not tied to a man that can feel that love, well, you committed suicide. Just last night I was telling a stoop full of drinking women about Infinite Jest, about Don's speech in front of the Crocodiles, perhaps my favorite story ever told.
Well. Well. I choose to believe that love means something, dead or alive, and so, having not met you while you were alive, I would like to say: your books made true things clearer, and funnier, and more poignaint, and therefore: more true, in my humble opinion. Thank you. I am sorry for your mind-shattering pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home