Friday, May 30, 2008

"We're gonna build something this summer."

Leave it to the Hold Steady to bring sing talk anthem of joy to this summer of 2008. I'm at work and the brief obsessive crush with this job is over. The paperwork, meetings, and ineffectual leadership have moved in, and while everyone is talking about social justice some things will not change. In meetings, I am an angry child. When paper must be worked, I will choose the internet. When the kids call, I answer.
But for reals, we are building something this summer. I mean, I am, and whoever wants to join me. I am not clear on what I'm building but I want it to be a place for the kind of compassion that melts your eyeballs. Leaves you shaken and shiverin'. This summer, we will build a tilt-a-whirl of love to make this whole city giddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home