Monday, November 07, 2005

"To have faith in the recovery process and that a love ethic is a matter of practical application is down right revolutionary for American City 2005." That's Jessica Hopper saying that. This is following an email I wrote her that was self-righteous and resignedly angry. However, I apologized, influenced as I am by my professional experience, and having witnessed firsthand how important it is to--hold on now--apologize when you fuck up. If you do that, someone writes you a nice email that gives you the positive reinforcement you desperately need but hate asking for!

This job, this life, this 29th birthday. While I am attempting to settle down and make myself comfortable in this new body, new city, and new job, I am still ticking off items on my life's to do list. I am drawing a slash right through "get a tattoo" and " go on an internet date." Meaning, go on a date with someone I met via the Internet. Sadly, I did not go out on a virtual reality date, where I least I could have explored the inner reaches of my own imagination. If the date had taken place on the fourth dimension then I wouldn't have gone to the Logan Theater, where--no joke--a roach crawled up the wall and very near my face. My date was a nice guy, but very compact, both physically and personally, on all dimensions. I am more expansive and so I was mostly hanging out with myself, except there was a tiny person watching me. I don't think I'll go on anymore Internet dates.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home